B12 Shots for Brain Function
Having Difficulty concentrating or paying attention? Suffering from memory loss or having difficulty remembering things? Low levels of vitamin B12 may contribute to cognitive problems for older adults, according to a study,
Vitamin B12 has long been regarded as a key element in sustaining healthy body processes. Not only does Vitamin B12 contribute to metabolism, helping the body create and use energy and also maintain a healthy weight, but it also is a vital player in the nervous system – contributing to the creation of red blood cells and the replication of DNA.
VITAMIN B12 is Necessary for:
- Production of red blood & white blood cells
- Regeneration of RNA & DNA
- With the other B vitamins for the conversion of fats, carbohydrates, & protein to energy.
- Protein & Lipid synthesis
- Nerve cell maintenance & nerve sheath(myelin) maintenance
- Maintaining growth
- Brain function maintenance
- Choline synthesis
- Maintains epithelial & mucous membrane cells
- Maintains normal bone marrow
- Maintains normal gastrointestinal tract
Symptoms of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Early symptoms of a B12 deficiency may be overlooked, diagnosed as another illness, or attributed to “just getting older” because many of them mimic classic signs of aging. Of course, this isn’t surprising since low serum levels of vitamin B12 are fairly common in elderly patients. Some of the symptoms of a vitamin B12 deficiency may include:
- Memory loss
- Cognitive functioning problems
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Beefy, red, smooth and sore tongue
- Sore mouth and/or bleeding gums
- Numbness and tingling of hands and feet
- Poor sense of balance
- Vision problems
- Loss of hearing and tinnitus
- Pale, possibly yellowish pallor in light-skinned individuals; blotchy pigmentation in dark-skinned individuals.
Every Cell in Your Body Needs B12!
Vitamin B12 is involved in the metabolism of every cell of the human body, especially affecting DNA synthesis and regulation, but also fatty acid synthesis and energy production. Even Dr. Oz states that vitamin B12 is essential for your normal metabolic function and overall health (read our post about Dr. Oz on Vitamin B12). Too much to do and not enough time? Get a great energy boost with a weekly B12 shot. The great thing about vitamin B12 is that, unlike many other vitamins, it is so safe that the FDA has no upper limit! This means that there is no risk of overdosing when you get a vitamin B12 shot.